Wandering Through Wonderland

I'm here in Japan - wondering what I'm doing, besides thinking of you?

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quad Century and Still Goin' Strong

Okay, so my camera sort of crapped out on me during my birthday celebration, agreeing to function at several key moments though not consistently throughout the night. I know some other people took pics, so hopefully I can update the past couple posts at a later date.

The day started out with shopping, and I bought an apron that you will see eventually. But not now. I have to keep my reader (me) coming back for something. Anywho, I met some friends for dinner at Loco's Table Mahana in Ginza.

And here we all are...I think I'm somewhere in there...








Celine and Tatsuto

Michael and I









Rose and I are hot.





Abbey and Andrew lookin' fine.


























Celine and Abbey. I think they are getting drunk and talking about France...though I can't be sure. I was quite red in the face by this point, if I recall correctly (scroll up).



Okay, so then we went to this bar where all of the drinks were 300円, but you couldn't sit down. Whatever, that's cool. This is one of the many points at which my camera took a time-out, but I did manage to get a picture of Keiko and I just in time:

And that's good, because we are very cute.




After that we headed to Harlem in Shibuya. No cameras allowed! Although I did manage to get a shot of this girl passed out at the coin lockers just outside the club. Words cannot express how happy it makes me that she had the foresight to pass out beneath a magazine entitled, "Get Up!" Indeed she should have, because she was definitely in my way.


So that puts us at about 5:30 am or so I'm guessing. You'd think it would be time to call it a night (or day), but you'd be wrong. What it is time for, is sushi.

So off to Tsukiji we went...

That the market is closed on Sunday is neither here nor there. Who doesn't want a plate of raw fish after a night of drinking? That's what I thought!!



And so ends the celebration of me making it to a quarter of a century. Thanks to all of those who made my first birthday in Japan more special and memorable than I could've possibly hoped for. Also, thanks to those who remembered despite the distance that separates us. I love all of you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home